Main Menu

70 Challenger SE Door Top Trim Location

Started by kent_goins, August 06, 2018, 01:10:06 PM

Previous topic Next topic

kent_goins

Anyone have a pic or dimensions of the 70 Challenger SE top of door and rear quarter stainless moulding trim holes?

KG

Cuda Cody

anlauto

I just looked...I've done a couple of cars with that trim, but no good photos  :sorry:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

kent_goins

Cody:
I looked at that link earlier but it does not show the holes for those top of door belt mouldings. Seems to be the only thing it doesn't show. Very good information but missing what I need unless I missed it....let me know.

thanks to all replies...if you do not have a picture then maybe tell me how many mounting holes in the doors and rear quarters. I just spent a fortune on the clips on ebay...but they looked like original factory clips. 14 clips in the set at 14 dollars a piece approx.!

Also, I need to by the top of door belt mouldings for both sides if anyone has them....I have the rear quarter mouldings but am missing the top of door mouldings.

KG

anlauto

Quote from: kent_goins on August 06, 2018, 03:51:11 PM

Also, I need to by the top of door belt mouldings for both sides if anyone has them....I have the rear quarter mouldings but am missing the top of door mouldings.

KG

It's only complete if you also have the fender and hood moldings too  :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

headejm

@kent_goins Post a picture of the clips you bought. I'm curious if you got the correct ones since they are basically impossible to find. There are two different sizes of clips for the door. There are seven holes in each door and two holes in each quarter. The hole closest to the windshield takes a screw and a captive clip in the molding. The hole farthest from the windshield takes a nut on a captive stud on the end of the molding. The other five holes take molding clips. Two of the smaller ones and three of the larger ones. The two quarter molding clips are the same as the larger door clips. Here are the correct clips.

kent_goins

Here is what I got....looks right to me...As far as the smaller clips, I have not seen those nor have I seen a good picture of them to be able to locate them.

KG

750-h2

Here are some pics that I found on line and saved for reference.,

kent_goins

Timbbuc2

Who is making these? I need the complete set for both sides.
Get in, I'll drive

kent_goins

I think Auveco sells everything you need which is very close...However, the ones I bought look like OEM which are essentially nonexistent. I am still looking for the wing clips...There are like 4 different clips for each side to make it all work...I have found the end clips and the butterfly clips shown above...but not the wing clips.

Timbbuc2

Get in, I'll drive

kent_goins

Thanks for the links guys...those look like the AUVECO Fasteners I suggested in the earlier post. Still looking for the butterfly clips...

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: kent_goins on August 08, 2018, 09:37:08 AM
Thanks for the links guys...those look like the AUVECO Fasteners I suggested in the earlier post. Still looking for the butterfly clips...

The 70 R/T SE I owned years ago was a late build   (723 SPD) I bought it from the original owner in the 74-75 time frame, it was original paint, never apart.... It had the clips with the spring tail, not the butterfly shaped clip... So IMO either is correct & I'd use what is available.... :alan2cents: