Main Menu

Cowl seal clips

Started by Mrbill426, May 20, 2020, 09:52:47 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Mrbill426

Before I attempt to reuse these cowl to hood seal clips are they sold singularly or as a set some place?  The fact that they did not come with the seal leads me to think they are not.  I believe it takes 11 of them.  My rubber hood to radiator seal came with what looks like under hood blanket retainers when the originals are more like old school inner door panel (wire) clips  :huh:

:wrenching:

Burdar

My replacement seal came with clips installed.  Maybe try a different brand of seal.  If your original seal is good, I'd reuse it.  The replacement seal I have lays over flat when installed.  The originals keep their shape and sit taller.

Mrbill426

@Burdar I will take a look at that.

Quote from: Burdar on May 20, 2020, 10:08:59 AM
My replacement seal came with clips installed.  Maybe try a different brand of seal.  If your original seal is good, I'd reuse it.  The replacement seal I have lays over flat when installed.  The originals keep their shape and sit taller.

Burdar

The same goes for the hood to rad seal.  The originals keep their shape much nicer.  I reused my original one.  After cleaning it with tire cleaner, it looks new.  I used Whesley's Bleach White.

Mrbill426

@Burdar I will consider that too.

Quote from: Burdar on May 20, 2020, 10:16:22 AM
The same goes for the hood to rad seal.  The originals keep their shape much nicer.  I reused my original one.  After cleaning it with tire cleaner, it looks new.  I used Whesley's Bleach White.

Rich G.

Detroit Muscle Tecnologies has the clips already on their seal.

Floyd

I just cleaned my originals.  I used bleach white (as recommended above) with fine steel wool.  I did a final light glass beading to restore a uniform dull finish.