Main Menu

Challenger SE Door Top Belt Moulding Clips and Tail Panel Clips

Started by kent_goins, June 09, 2019, 04:30:04 AM

Previous topic Next topic

kent_goins

To All:
I have looked everywhere for clips for the door top SE belt moulding and rear Applique panel with no luck as i am sure most of you are aware. More unobtanium parts.I am looking to reproduce these rare items and need specifically 4 of the clips to generate a 3d model of each. The two butterfly clips ahead of the door mirror for the belt moulding and the lower clip and corner clip for the rear applique panel.

If anyone on the board has these to sell. I am willing to pay a commensurate price for the rarity so i can reproduce. The other option is for someone with a Challenger SE in the Denver area to contact me and, for a fee, let me remove one door top trim piece and tail panel to get at these rare clips. I have a professional shop with all the right tools to properly remove and reinstall these trim pieces. I would need around 4 hours give or take to remove and reinstall the trim.

Please contact me at the number below if you care to sell me these clips or participate in the exercise of measuring and documenting these clips from your car for a fee.

Regards,
Kent Goins
Golden, Co
405-747-8588

Fastmark

I'm just now seeing this post. I'll contact you after relatives leave from thanksgiving visit. I can help on all the clips if this project is still in the works.

mogenss

Maybe this will help, I have some original clips but not a complete set.

Happy to help anyway I can.

3.0CSL

mogenss

R/T's 4 R/P

I have an SE that I am working on. Those belt molding clips are really a bad design in addition to the fact that there are so many versions on the door.
I've been able to piece together a set for my belt molding but prior to that I thought that a more modern approach would be to simply have a spring steel piece that fits in the channel on the back and I would use pads of 3m VHB tape, like is used to hold emblems on cars nowadays. At least that would take care of the center parts.
The door ends, with the small fasteners, are another story. Screws need to be stainless!

I have about 80% of the screws/clips for the tail panel. I would be happy to loan one each for your project but don't have any to sell.
PM me if you'd like that offer.
Again, the bottom of the tail panel, above the taillights, could easily be held with pads of VHB tape.
(I'm really not a 3M rep...I just see that used so much on modern cars)
70 R/T 440 6 Pack
70 T/A
70 SE R/T 383
2015 SRT

70RTSE383

Hi Kent, just read this post. I too am needing these clips for my SE. I am wondering if you have made progress towards your project of reproducing these parts. Can you update us?

Future customer.
70' Challenger R/T SE in progress
66' Mustang fastback GT350 clone
Factory Five Cobra
70' Kawasaki H1
70' Honda CT 70

headejm