Main Menu

Cuda hood to radiator seal

Started by B5fourspeed, June 03, 2020, 04:46:42 PM

Previous topic Next topic

B5fourspeed

Need  some pictures of the hood seal on how it connects on the ends.What side does the seal go on over the tabs on the ends.From the front of the car does the seal go in front or behind the tab.Thanks

cudaize

Here's a picture I took at one point of my car.  This is the only detailed one I have so hopefully it answers most if not all of your quesitons

anlauto

One of those forever debates with pictures of original samples showing either way :looney:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

B5fourspeed

Thank you for the picture.You are right again Alan the seal could go on either side of the tab.Which way do you put the seal on?

Topcat

@B5fourspeed

Whatcha you putting that new seal on?   :pokeeye:

:needphotos:   :popcorn:

anlauto

Quote from: B5fourspeed on June 03, 2020, 07:30:07 PM
Thank you for the picture.You are right again Alan the seal could go on either side of the tab.Which way do you put the seal on?

Typically the backside as pictured above, but I'm not saying that's absolute correct :rofl:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

B5fourspeed

I got the seal on.The AMD Shaker Hood does not come with the holes for the seal.A friend of mine drilled them before the car went to paint.They lined up well.Now only 1,051 items left to put on.Bring back memories TopCat.If Alan live in California I would tow it to him.He could do more in 2 weeks than I am going to do in 4 months.It been 12 years since doing my last Cuda.My memory bank is foggy.