Main Menu

Cuda tail panel emblem

Started by Rich G., October 18, 2019, 08:36:20 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Rich G.

Is there an exact location for the Cuda emblem on a 73. The by Plymouth has the hole location. Every one I see at shows is in a different spot. I thought the end lines up with the end of the by Plymouth emblem and centered with the tail light.

73_Cuda_4_Me

Here is the way mine was when I first looked at it to buy it.... I have not seen any sign that anything was moved before I got it...

'Cuda centered on center of light up/down, and by plymouth appears mostly centered under the 'uda' of the 'Cuda...
73 340 `Cuda 727 Auto on Column

BS23H3B

gzig5

On my 73 the "by Plymouth" is centered under the 'Cuda they are a little more offset to the right than shown in that pic.  No idea if that is original or correct.

Swamp Donkey

Next time I'm down in the shop I'll try and snap a picture of mine.  Mine was stolen a couple of years ago, but the faded outline is still there and should be original for a 73
1973 Cuda. 340 4 speed.

Swamp Donkey

On my car, the right side of the by Plymouth emblem starts 2 1/16 of an inch from the license plate opening.  The end of where the Cuda emblem would start is around 1 15/16 of an inch. 
1973 Cuda. 340 4 speed.

Swamp Donkey

Not sure why my pictures end upside down and sideways.  Haha. 
1973 Cuda. 340 4 speed.

Rich G.

anlauto

I think lining the "a" up with the edge of the "by Plymouth" emblem is typically accepted  :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Mrbill426

Excellent... I've been wondering about this, now that I finally received (back ordered) a new "By Plymouth" emblem.  :bigthumb:

Hood

For what it's worth from an original owner...
Original owner with 100% documentation.
Ordered my Cuda on September 29th 1972