Main Menu

Door handles

Started by RJChallenger, June 08, 2018, 06:01:22 AM

Previous topic Next topic

RJChallenger

Were all outer e-body door handles chrome and satin, or were some painted the body color. If none were body color how can you restore the satin area ( pull handle) of the handle. Is it frowned upon to paint the door handles the same as the car?

GoodysGotaCuda

I don't believe any were body color, I personally would not prefer them to be either. A new set is about $100.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1972 Barracuda - 5.7L Hemi/T56 Magnum
2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs

Cuda Cody

None were ever body color from the factory.  There's also a difference between the Cuda and Challenger door handles.  The "curve" of the handle follows the body.

RUNCHARGER

They were all chrome with the satin inlay. On a modified car anything goes though.
Sheldon

RJChallenger

Thanks guys. I just found a 70 challenger curved handle in my parts bin. It has two small blister holes on the inner portion of the face. just wondering if the handle is worth fixing and painting? The satin type finish on the pull handle has the usual wear marks

70/6chall

I have looked at the "E" bodies since they were new, and owning them for just as long. None of the door handles I've viewed, OEM style, at cruises and shows have been painted body color. Painted maybe on a restomod for that monochromatic look. I went to the Spring Fling 2018 out here in SoCal and actually scored on a brand new set of E body door handles, in the boxes with the gaskets, for $15 each.   Thanks,   Al

RUNCHARGER

You could paint in there if you want. I have found though that shortly after that paint goes, the handle usually breaks and needs replacing anyway.
Sheldon