Main Menu

GoodysGotaCuda - Wheel and Tire Specs

Started by GoodysGotaCuda, February 20, 2019, 05:52:13 PM

Previous topic Next topic

GoodysGotaCuda

I receive pretty frequent inquiries about my particular wheel and tire specifications, I'd like to use this thread as a point of future reference.

Front

• Tire Size: 255/50/17
  • Tire Height: 27.1"
  • Wheel Size: 17" x 8.0"
  • Wheel Backspacing: 4.50"

Rear

• Tire Size: 295/45/18
  • Tire Height: 28.5"
  • Wheel Size: 18" x 9.0"
  • Wheel Backspacing: 5.90" - 0.375" spacers = 5.525" total

Wheel Brand and Model: American Racing, Torque Thrust M

Rear Notes:
  • The rear tires on this car fit with absolutely no modification on my car, your mileage may vary.
  • I used the wheel spacer thickness to tune in my wheel backspacing. You can always reduce the backspacing, but you can't add more.
  • My wheel tubs and wheel lips are stock
  • My springs are in the factory location
  • I am using Super Stock springs in the upper front mounting location, with 1.0" lowering blocks, it should be somewhere around a factory ride height
  • I will rub if enough weight gets in the back seat, like two heavish adults

Something to keep in mind that I feel is very important when putting larger wheels on a classic car, is the tire height. If you are truly performance oriented, something in the 25-26" range will suit you just fine and you can probably run a wider front tire in that application. To really dial in the aesthetics, I feel that the tall tires [27.1" and 28.5"] I am running really help fill out the car. There's a full 10" of sidewall on both the front and rear. The typical 275/60/15 is about 28" in height, for reference.
1972 Barracuda - 5.7L Hemi/T56 Magnum
2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs

CudaMoparRay

Thank you for this information. I will make a sticky note on this.  :bigthumb:

gzig5

dodj

You replaced the tires Goody!  :bradsthumb: Looks good!
I have NT05's as well. I really like them in the dry. Gotta be a little careful in the rain. :burnout:
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

GoodysGotaCuda

1972 Barracuda - 5.7L Hemi/T56 Magnum
2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs

dave73

So I'm thinking of running 18x10 on the rear with a b-body rear and moving the springs in 1". With your details, thinking when I measure I should be around 4.75" backspace? Would love an 18x12 but doubt that will fit