Main Menu

Valance panels inside paint

Started by tparker, April 24, 2019, 10:51:25 AM

Previous topic Next topic

tparker

Just curious about the paint on the inside of the front and rear valances. Not sure  I've looked at some pics on line and not sure if they were painted the same as the front or just have overspray. Most seem to have color, but also they seem to be a grayish tanish color. Not sure if that is just due to age and muck.

Here is one I found on ebay that looks like it WAS blue. and one that seems like it is a different color.

Any thoughts? It would probably be easier to paint it a blackish color like the second one and not to fuss too much with it since it really isn't seen.

Burdar

I'm pretty sure the rear valance was already bolted to the car before it was painted.  It probably got a little body color over spray on the back side.  The front valance was not attached before paint...it was attached later on.  I'm not sure where the front valance was hanging when it was painted.  Maybe inside the car hanging from the roof?

The inside of the front valance would have gotten body color overspray as well.  However, the inside was blacked out just like the rad support.  My original valace was just like your first picture.  Body color overspray with just the center sprayed black.

tparker