Main Menu

Trim studs.

Started by Rdchallenger, November 06, 2018, 04:55:58 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Rdchallenger

While in the process of replacing the quarters on my Challenger. I realized there are no holes in them to attach the rear trim pieces. How does everyone usually go about installing studs for the molding? Anyone used the screw in type?

Topcat

There is an accessory tip on one make that allows you to weld on the shortened stud to allow for clips.

I borrowed one from a friend and  it worked out great.

Still searching for it.

anlauto

Where on a 70 Challenger quarter does it use studs for trim pieces ?
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

anlauto

Oops sorry...I see you're working on a 73 ...I had you confused with RJChallenger
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

anlauto

You can use studs the screw in. :alan2cents:

jimynick

When you say "rear trim pieces" are you referring to the L-shaped pieces that go on the very rear edge of the 1/4 or are you talking about the ones for a vinyl roof trim mldg.?  :thinking:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

anlauto

Rdchallenger

Fantastic especially since I will need to put some in for the vinyl top moulding as well. Thanks Alan! :cheers: