Main Menu

Rear Window Upstop Bracket Location Measurement Info

Started by 7E-Bodies, May 03, 2021, 03:34:34 PM

Previous topic Next topic

7E-Bodies

Just sharing some photo documentation and measurements on the rear window (quarter glass) upstop bracket location measurements after member @Yeya93 inquired. It just so happened my left quarter was only clamped and sheet metal screwed for alignment, so I was able to remove it to lend a hand to the topic as it'd probably be pretty hard to find that info. This is a 70 Challenger RT, left side, and it's very unmolested except for my removing the original quarter due to some 1980's patching that had to go. If anyone wants further measurements or photos, or enhancements to this thread, better shout quickly as I'll be welding soon. Also @Cuda Cody feel free to rename this title for easier search results in our database. I'd hate to be stuck head scratching on installing one of these buggers with no info. Also know that reproduced quarters (mine are AMD) had missing or poorly located slots (3) for the chrome and rubber trim piece that will need to snap in later, so some precision measurements and drill/cut action will be required (I laid out a piece of masking tape over the originals, marked it, then peeled it off to lay onto the new quarter). Hoping this helps others.
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

Cuda Cody

Yeya93

I guess what matters in the end is if this bracket makes contact with the little weld in the end correct?

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

7E-Bodies

@Yeya93 I can get a picture of that part depicted by your arrow in the morning, if you need it. Mine will definitely be all factory. Let me know. I probably need to add that to this thread anyway for future users.

Yeya93

@7E-Bodies if you could just take a general picture from the inside. That would be nice just for reference please.

7E-Bodies

Here you go @Yeya93
I laid an extra tack weld in a few spots on mine as I was a bit leery of the poor quality spot welds from the factory and didn't want one coming off after the car was completed. If you want more pics and info, don't be shy.

7E-Bodies

Apologies for the pics somehow getting rotated. Very frustrating   :pullinghair: Not sure how that happens.

Yeya93

@7E-Bodies thanks for those pics. I think i have everything under control. But one thing I'm not too sure about is if this piece supposed to be tack welded somewhere or not. Been searching around but can't find a good picture.

7E-Bodies

Two factory spot welds