Main Menu

Rear seat finish panel to floor bracket location?

Started by Dmod1974, March 12, 2021, 06:16:41 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Dmod1974

Allegedly, there are two right angle brackets that mount to the rear seat floor and anchor the bottoms of the plastic interior quarter trim panels.  My car has not had them for as long as I owned it, and I don't know if it ever had them being a 1974 with the giant seatbelt retractors in that general area.

Now that it's mini tubbed the I have to run 1970 style lap belts and brackets, so that part is a non issue.

Can anyone post up some pics of where these brackets go, ideally with some measurements?  I'm going to order a set of brackets shortly.  Thanks in advance!

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/gmk-2120-517-704

anlauto

I do this all the time...throw some masking tape on the floor, put the interior panel in place and mark with a marker where the hole in the panel is and line the bracket up with that :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Dmod1974

Quote from: anlauto on March 12, 2021, 08:02:16 AM
I do this all the time...throw some masking tape on the floor, put the interior panel in place and mark with a marker where the hole in the panel is and line the bracket up with that :alan2cents:

Good call; that's exactly what I ended up doing.