Main Menu

Engine compartment and engine paint

Started by Manuel, August 27, 2020, 04:55:21 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Manuel

Hi,

Are Cuda engine compartment usualy painted as shiny as the body or semi flat?
Show car.
Due to heat, is special heat resistant paint used there and if yes can you provide an example?

What about for the engine paint itself?

Body paint is EV2, did they use that same color for the above mentioned areas/parts, will the Broadcast sheet show that information?

Rgds

headejm

E-body engine compartments should be painted the same as the body panels. Same sheen. No special heat resistant paint. Same paint all around.

The engine paint color depends on the year and what engine. I would use an epoxy primer followed by a single stage paint in the proper color. I did not clear coat my engine.

RUNCHARGER

Agreed: Shiny paint as exterior on the sheetmetal and single stage enamel over epoxy on the engine. It will look good almost forever. Rattle cans are for Model cars.
Sheldon

JS29

[quote author=RUNCHARGER link=topic=17987.msg232333#msg232333 date=159862286                                                                   Rattle cans are for Model cars.
[/quote] :haha: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:  :bravo:

Manuel

Yeah, sounds as I was thinking.  Shiny just as the exterior for the cavity.

Engine is a 340, on a 71 Cuda.   What would be the paint code for the original color?

Found this one for a 1970 Cuda on an old archive here  but do not know if it changed for 1971

PPG DCC 60626    (Subject was Orange engine paint code, 2007)

Burdar

When was the car built?  What is the SPD?  The engine color changed from orange to blue in 71.  When the car was built, determines the color.