Main Menu

Engine Compartment is DONE

Started by js27, July 20, 2020, 03:36:55 PM

Previous topic Next topic

js27

Trunk is done--Interior completely restore and now after 3 weeks and about 65 hours of work has paid off. My engine compartment is now presentable for some local shows and cruises. Original paint in the engine compartment but lots of compound, wax and elbow grease brought it back to life. Far from perfect especially around the battery area with some stains. Would have been easier to pull the motor but since my heart attack I do not do well laying under cars and I sold my motor stand when I sold off all my parts.
JS27

Moosefire66

Looks great. Is that the same challenger that's in your profile pic? The old man had a 66 coronet that looked very similar

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

anlauto

That's a really hard way to do things, but the results must be very rewarding, it looks awesome  :worship: :twothumbsup:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

dodj

"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

headejm

Nice engine compartment! Doesn't look like an E-body to me.  :notsure:

Skdmark

Quote from: headejm on July 20, 2020, 05:28:11 PM
Nice engine compartment! Doesn't look like an E-body to me.  :notsure:

67 Satellite Convertible. I only know that from the thread on the interior work he just did.

To the OP it looks great.
My back hurts just looking at all the work you put into it
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.
-Harlan Ellison

(O OI====II====IO O)    (O O{]{]{] ][ [}[}[}O O)
:stayinlane:

Rich G.

That's a lot of masking but the end results look great.

RUNCHARGER

Yes: Great job working around everything.
Sheldon

js27

Thanks for the kind words. Yes it was hard on the back and the hard way of doing it --But worth it.
For me it has always been about taking something that needs help and making it better. I do enjoy the finished product but enjoy the road getting there more. Definitely gives you a feeling of accomplishment. I guess that is why I choose project cars instead of finished cars.
JS27

gzig5

DAMN.  That had to be a lot of fiddely work with the motor in. 
I get my car back from the shop tomorrow, and I think the first thing I'm doing while the motor is out is cleaning and then painting the engine compartment back to the original Silver Frost.

usraptor

Beautiful :clapping: :worship: job.  You'd be hard pressed to not think the motor had been pulled to clean it up like that.

YellowThumper

Agree with all the "added" work.
End result does look impressive.
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.