Main Menu

Fender bolt studs

Started by muscleonly, November 04, 2019, 09:39:28 PM

Previous topic Next topic

muscleonly

Does anybody sell just the six fender studs and nuts, I hate to buy a whole fender bolt set just to get the six studs and nuts

Cuda Cody

Are you talking about the Fender stud and nuts for a T/A and AAR that go along the top of the fender?

6Pack70

I actually ended up purchasing 2 different fender bolt kits to get all the correct studs and nuts that I needed.   I also re-used my original bolts for the hood pin brackets as they don't come in any new kit that I've seen and also my original thick washers under the fenders where the studs are.  The captive washer is small diameter on those hood pin bracket bolts.  They're  everywhere in the junkyards until you need a nice set.  Then they're not easy to locate lol.  As it stands right now, I have enough new incorrect fender bolts leftover to do like two cars lol.

muscleonly

Yes the fender studs at the top of the fenders for the T/A's

anlauto

Not all TA/AARs had studs/nuts along the top of the fender, just so you know. :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Rdchallenger

Quote from: anlauto on November 05, 2019, 03:37:36 AM
Not all TA/AARs had studs/nuts along the top of the fender, just so you know. :alan2cents:

Didn't all the later years get that treatment though? Would be great to get them as well for my project.

anlauto

Yes I believe so.....later B Bodies as well :twothumbsup:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

muscleonly

So T/As could have had studs and nuts or regular fender bolts?

anlauto

I won't say for sure about T/A's, but I'm currently restoring this original paint AAR, still with it's original owner, and these fenders have never been removed. Note: the same typical fender bolt holding the hood pin bracket as well  :dunno:

Rdchallenger

So back to the original question from the OP. Does anyone sell just the studs?

6Pack70

Maybe Rob at Hoover parts will sell you just the studs.  Wouldn't hurt to ask him.  Send him a messege thru ebay.  When I bought the entire 100% correct kit with the studs,  they only thing I actually used were the 6 studs and nuts. All of the remaining fender bolts in the kit were the large washer type. My Cuda came with 6 studs with large captive  washer nuts and small captive washers on the remaining bolts.

anlauto

Quote from: 6Pack70 on November 07, 2019, 08:18:44 AM
Maybe Rob at Hoover parts will sell you just the studs.  Wouldn't hurt to ask him.  Send him a messege thru ebay.  When I bought the entire 100% correct kit with the studs,  they only thing I actually used were the 6 studs and nuts. All of the remaining fender bolts in the kit were the large washer type. My Cuda came with 6 studs with large captive  washer nuts and small captive washers on the remaining bolts.

The fender bolts you're using with the smaller washer are very odd, I've never seen those before. I can see why you say they're not easy to find  :notsure:

6Pack70

Some have big washers. Some have small.  Some cars have big and small.   I just went with what mine had. Small.

6Pack70

Rear of fender using small captive washer.