Main Menu

firewall a/c vent and heater drain

Started by tparker, April 11, 2022, 12:55:30 PM

Previous topic Next topic

tparker

two hopefully easy questions. Does anything connect to the heater box drain hole? or  condensation just drips out? I won't have A/C for a while, BUT what does the  ac vacuum  tube connect to? it looks like there are two openings, one has a short rubber hose and the other just appears to be a  hole. Am I missing a hose or is it supposed to be that way?

anlauto

One goes up to the blower motor, and one goes down as a drain...
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Rich G.

The a/c vacuum hole should be a big rubber plug with a vacuum hose going through it.

tparker

@anlauto  Ah, I don't think I had the second one that points down. The other one I have.

@Rich G. Thanks.  And there is only one vacuum hose?  Do you know where it get's connected to? I suppose any vacuum source, but  is there a specific place? My line is only about 1 foot long. Probably need to replace it.

anlauto

You should have one of these on the back of your intake if you have power brakes and AC  :twothumbsup:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Rich G.

Yes that's the fitting. One hose goes inside and that's the supply line that connects to the switch. Hopefully you have that cluster of hoses!