Main Menu

Front License Plate Breacket Bumpers

Started by erik70rt, May 24, 2017, 10:51:43 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Shane Kelley

They look the same as the rear license plate bracket ones on the Cuda's.

71vert340

I just went out and checked my 71 Challenger which I bought in 1972 and it has bolts in those holes.
Terry

Cuda Cody

Thanks @71vert340  for checking and sharing that.  I saw those rubber bumpers and thought...  I like that!  Why have I been bolting them all these years.   :Thud:  I guess now I know why.

But I still might have to try the rubber bumper idea.  Or I have even thought about not running a front plate.  Here is WA when you have a classic car they do not make you run front plates.

Quote from: 71vert340 on May 25, 2017, 08:55:22 AM
I just went out and checked my 71 Challenger which I bought in 1972 and it has bolts in those holes.
Terry

71vert340

I live in Kennewick Wa. I have a front plate that says "1971". I also have a 1971 OHIO plate which is where I bought the car and I have my 1972 Ohi plate which I restored. I haven't checked if I can run one of the original plates on the front of the car. Collector plate on rear.

Terry

Cuda Cody

Hello neighbor!!!  I'm just over the mountains in Brush Prairie, WA.  We have a lot of great members in WA.  :banana:

Quote from: 71vert340 on May 25, 2017, 09:18:56 AM
I live in Kennewick Wa.

71GranCoupe

Quote from: Cuda Cody on May 25, 2017, 09:10:43 AM
Thanks @71vert340  for checking and sharing that.  I saw those rubber bumpers and thought...  I like that!  Why have I been bolting them all these years.   :Thud:  I guess now I know why.

But I still might have to try the rubber bumper idea.  Or I have even thought about not running a front plate.  Here is WA when you have a classic car they do not make you run front plates.

Quote from: 71vert340 on May 25, 2017, 08:55:22 AM
Terry

Cody, on the front plate rule, is that when you have the classic plates or does it pertain to a regular plate as well?

Cuda Cody

Only when you are running collector / original plates.  Regular plates they still require front and back.

Quote from: 71GranCoupe on May 25, 2017, 10:05:56 AM

Cody, on the front plate rule, is that when you have the classic plates or does it pertain to a regular plate as well?