Main Menu

Front License Plate Breacket Bumpers

Started by erik70rt, May 24, 2017, 10:51:43 AM

Previous topic Next topic

erik70rt

Does anyone carry the small rubber bumpers for the front license plate bracket on the Challenger? 

Contrary to the opinions of some, I am not dumber than I look.

Cuda Cody

Do you have a photo of them?  I'm not seeing them in my head.  But I'm sure once I see them I'll remember who sells them.   :thinking:

erik70rt

You can see them in this pic

Shane Kelley

You might have to buy a rubber bumper kit from somebody like Dave at Roseville Moparts. I'm not sure if they sell them separately or not.

Cuda Cody

If Dave does not have them, you might try RT Specialties.  But I get mine at a local hardware store.  They carry all kinds of automotive stuff.

http://www.parkrosehardware.com/

They don't do online sales, but you might try your local hardware store and I think I've seen them at automotive paint supply stores too.  Good luck!

erik70rt

We don't have those stores here in Pennsyltucky.  I'll try Tractor Supply or the local Ace.

Burdar

Dales Cuda Shop might sell them separately. 

anlauto

I've only seen a bolt/nut there, never a rubber bumper ? :dunno:

Do you have the factory instruction sheet on how it was installed ?
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

70/6chall

I found these on line at Steele rubber products, Erik. Maybe these are what your looking for.   Thanks,   Al

HP_Cuda

Believe it or not I've also seen them at Osh.
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

69BFan

Can you post a detailed picture of the bumper?  Many of them will have distinguishing marks or part numbers on them.  Accurate dimensions would also work as well.  That way I can match it up to the different bumpers that are placed into the kits.  Off the top of my head, I do not know the exact bumper for that application.  I have them available individually.  If you can hold out and will be attending Carlisle, we will have them available as well
www.restorationpartsandmaterials.com  Mopar weatherstripping is our specialty, but we offer a wide assortment of restoration products.

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: anlauto on May 24, 2017, 12:24:17 PM
I've only seen a bolt/nut there, never a rubber bumper ? :dunno:

Do you have the factory instruction sheet on how it was installed ?

I agree

erik70rt

I have only seen them with bolts, too.  So this is new to me.  That's why I am asking if anyone carries them - to see if they are legit.

Burdar

Someone could have installed glove box bumpers on the license plate bracket.  The glove box uses really small bumpers like that.

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: Burdar on May 25, 2017, 07:44:31 AM
Someone could have installed glove box bumpers on the license plate bracket.  The glove box uses really small bumpers like that.

They wouldn't be small, the holes are 1/4"