Main Menu

General body shop question

Started by mjb765, October 08, 2018, 09:44:48 AM

Previous topic Next topic

RUNCHARGER

That sounds fair. Buying them all lunch helps keep them in a good mood when they are sanding your car. And the guy that oversees the work can take his wife to dinner.
I usually have to find guys on their own or small shops that only do old car paint jobs hence me tipping my guy. He had his own shop doing restos only, so when he gets my stuff done on time and perfect, well I know it was him doing all the work.
Sheldon

ledphoot

If it were me I'd order up some pizza and beer as a thank you for a job well done. Beyond that? I'd say the cost of the work usually reflects payment for services rendered. I don't know about shops out there, but body / paint work here is $$$$$ for quality work. The place I want to use quoted me $10K for a base paint job on a car that didn't require much work. It goes up from there, a show quality job is considerably more expensive. If I am shelling out ten grand, I wont feel too inclined to tip....

mjb765

Quote from: ledphoot on October 10, 2018, 10:40:13 AM
If it were me I'd order up some pizza and beer as a thank you for a job well done. Beyond that? I'd say the cost of the work usually reflects payment for services rendered. I don't know about shops out there, but body / paint work here is $$$$$ for quality work. The place I want to use quoted me $10K for a base paint job on a car that didn't require much work. It goes up from there, a show quality job is considerably more expensive. If I am shelling out ten grand, I wont feel too inclined to tip....

I get it...but I think a little extra to the guy actually doing the work goes a long way. The owner is paying him the same thing regardless of what he is doing.

I always give a tip to the particular mechanic who works on my vehicle , they all seem to appreciate it .