Main Menu

Go Wing holes

Started by GoMangoBoys, May 22, 2020, 03:59:20 PM

Previous topic Next topic

GoMangoBoys

We just got our Go Wing from Josh's Muscle Car Parts.  Now we need to figure out where to mount it.  Does anyone have any documentation of where the holes go in the deck lid for the  Go Wing on our 70 Challenger R/T?
Thanks

anlauto

Do you have the correct deck lid with the spoiler holes on the inner structure ? Do you have the spoiler reinforcement plates ?

This is a 71 that I'm currently working on, but I would assume 1970 is the same :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

anlauto

With Challengers, can anybody confirm that the spoiler location is the same for 1970 and 1971 ? :thinking:

I know that the location is different on Cudas from 70 to 71. :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

Jay Bee

Then there's these dimensions from an old S.I.A.C. issue

6bblgt

yes, Challenger rear spoiler location is the same 1970 VS. 1971

anlauto

Great, so now the question is do you have the trunk lid with the cut outs, if not I can measure roughly where the wing is located on my 71 car here in my shop

GoMangoBoys

We have gotten the Go Wing onto the deck lid.  I want to follow up on the dimensions that worked.  I originally marked the lid for the dimensions that were in the attachment from @Jay Bee.  These turned out to not work for my Challenger deck lid.  I ended up using the brackets that go inside the deck lid to show us where the holes would go.  We then measured the spoiler bolt holes to verify that the dimensions from the brackets correlated.  The attached pics show the dimensions that we ended up using.  In case it is not obvious, the dimension that is approximately 10 1/8" is measured left to right from the edge of the lid.  The dimension that is approximately 8" is from the corner where the deck lid surface meets the rear lip.