Main Menu

Good HVLP guns for home?

Started by torredcuda, May 09, 2020, 04:33:42 PM

Previous topic Next topic

torredcuda

It`s probably way past due to upgrade from my old JGA siphon feed to an HVLP - less overspray and using less paint which is now expensive as hell would be the reasons. Any decent relatively inexpensive guns out there, don`t need a $700 one for occasional home use but don`t want a $30 China freight one either, just something decent. Been looking at this kit - https://www.eastwood.com/devilbiss-3-gun-kit.html
Jeff   `72 Barracuda 340/4spd
https://www.facebook.com/jeffrey.hunt.750

Northeast Mighty Mopar Club
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1486087201685038/

Rich G.

The last 2 Cudas I painted in my garage i used the Eastwood Concourse gun. Very happy with the results. I would love to try a very expensive Sata gun to see what the difference is. Probably can't go wrong with DeVilbiss also.

tparker

I'm not a painter and my advice probably doesn't mean too much since i don't have a lot of experience. But I bought a devilbiss gun for about $100 and it worked great after some initial issues that I beleive were user errors. The gun I bought had 3 nozzles. I think 1.3 1.5 and 1.7 or something similar. Worked like a charm.

I originally got a summit cheaper gun. Probably under $50 or so. It worked OK but I had problems with the primer spraying VERY dry. Looked like a pumice stone. LOL. It worked OK but I had a few issues and it would leak out of the nozzle. Probably something I could have figured out and fixed but I thought having a good gun would just be better so I picked this one up since it had 3 tips for primer to clear sizes included. It worked very well and no complaints with the gun.

Your kit is cool cause it has the touch up gun which I kinda wish I got.

JS29

I love my SATA's, With that being said. Harbor fright has a new line of paint guns. they are suppose to be an inexpensive alternative.  :notsure:

Mopar5

Devilbiss has a bunch of different paint gun lines from inexpensive to higher end. I like Devilbiss  paint guns and tech support is good.

Mopar5

I painted a show winner with a devilbiss finish line gun about 200 bucks your get 3 caps I'm pretty sure I'd have to check I used to use it for everything primer and paint. Now I have the Teckna and the Sri pro from devilbiss the Sri is a mini gun but it lays paint like glass.

Mopar5

Great for engine compartment but I've done complete panels with it

Cuda70-74

I bought my husky paint guns from homedepot for 80 bucks and painted my cuda outside. Came out pretty good
1969 mustang
1974 cuda turnt into a 71 cuda
1968 charger

Mr Lee

Quote from: Cuda70-74 on May 14, 2020, 06:19:42 PM
I bought my husky paint guns from homedepot for 80 bucks and painted my cuda outside. Came out pretty good
I have the same set from Husky.  Im no professional painter and never used an expensive gun but it seemed to work just fine.  Has adjustements for pattern, air, fluid level etc.   
Painted my trans tunnel when I coverted to a 4 speed and some other underbody parts.  Never painted a whole car with it though. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Remember, wherever you go, there you are.

Mopar5