Main Menu

Help, Having trouble with PG Classic's tail light chrome bezels

Started by Brads70, February 18, 2017, 12:02:35 PM

Previous topic Next topic

RUNCHARGER

I think it is really important to complain to the mfgr's when we encounter problems with parts. They cannot improve/fix the parts without feedback. I myself am guilty of just throwing parts in the garbage and not complaining but I know that doesn't achieve anything. I think the ones caught in the middle are the vendors, I just hope they get reimbursed when we return stuff but I am sure they are still out of pocket for stocking/shipping and I have a hunch they just chalk it up to business expense.
Sheldon

MoparDave

Quote from: Brads70 on February 18, 2017, 07:11:43 PM
Here is my old bumper and bezels notice the difference in the gaps...
First picture is the original with the S/E tail panel just sitting in position, not fastened down yet. Second is with all the repop parts... :bricks:

Emailed LKQ, waiting for reply.
Please Email me at david.radcliffe@golling.com or through the the website. https://www.rosevillemoparts.com/contact-us/

MoparDave

Please Email me at david.radcliffe@golling.com or through the the website. https://www.rosevillemoparts.com/contact-us/

Brads70

MoparDave

ok, they are willing to exchange the bar? but the boarder issue is the issue. LMK what you'd like to do.

Brads70

Quote from: MoparDave on February 28, 2017, 06:01:15 AM
ok, they are willing to exchange the bar? but the boarder issue is the issue. LMK what you'd like to do.
By " bar" are you referring to the bumper?  Ya it would be a pain with the boarder. Do they have a distributor up here? 
Thanks for doing/trying this Dave! Even if it doesn't work out  :bradsthumb:

MoparDave

Brads70

Thanks anyhow, I have to plans on heading down that way anytime soon. But again thanks for trying.  :wave:

jimynick

Gentlemen, LKQ corporation, who own Keystone, have a giant warehouse on Airport Rd in Toronto and I bought my own Keystone blade there. Why couldn't they send it there? Brad, if it all goes for a burton, I know the guy who owns Cambridge Custom Chrome, it's not cheap, but he does excellent work.
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

plymouthGC340

Brad, did you contact PG / Classic re your tail light bezels?
If so, would be interested in the response as i am looking into getting a set myself. 

Brads70

Quote from: plymouthGC340 on April 27, 2017, 07:53:32 PM
If so, would be interested in the response as i am looking into getting a set myself.
No , I bought them thru Classic industries . They did there best to make it right. the replacement was better but was in no way a direct  bolt in. Other have used them with no issues so I don't know what to suggest to you?

plymouthGC340

Quote from: Brads70 on April 27, 2017, 08:02:22 PM
Quote from: plymouthGC340 on April 27, 2017, 07:53:32 PM
No , I bought them thru Classic industries . They did there best to make it right. the replacement was better but was in no way a direct  bolt in. Other have used them with no issues so I don't know what to suggest to you?

As long as the supplier tries to deal with it, i am good. Thanks for your fast reply. 

Katfish

Came across this thread and was considering new tail light bezels.
Any update on whether the issue Brad found has been fixed?

HEMICUDA

The first set of tooling fit, the second set of tooling not so much that's why I quit selling the bezels when I was working with PG, they refused to fix the problem.  I had them change a pile of parts when I was involved with tooling and fitment of new parts and changing the tooling of existing parts they were already selling.  I refused to sell the parts that weren't right.  I spent thousands of $$ sending over good originals to produce tooling from.  I received samples for test fitting, if they needed modified, the tooling was fixed before any production runs.  When we reproduced the 70 Cuda grille, the tooling was changed at least half a dozen times to either fix fitment issues or add more defined detail to the part.  Over time, they became extremely difficult to deal with and refused to change tooling for a better part.  I miss the parts business, however, I refuse to compromise a part for profit, I don't need the money that bad.

RUNCHARGER

Yup: PG doesn't care if the parts fit or break, they just want the $$$.
Sheldon