Main Menu

Hole location for the Challenger V8 emblem needed.

Started by manycj, May 12, 2017, 11:44:04 AM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

Quote from: manycj on May 15, 2017, 05:15:37 AM
I guess I'm picky, but with my luck I will park my car next to another one that has the V8 emblems and  they won't match.  Perhaps my pickiness is for nothing.  Here is a factory original example of R/T emblem placement on a 71 that was on the Hemming's website.

Exactly...so the guy you park beside might be wrong not you !
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Timbbuc2

My car has the V-8 on it also, I can measure mine Saturday if you can wait. I have not installed mine yet.
Get in, I'll drive

manycj

Quote from: Timbbuc2 on May 15, 2017, 07:55:33 AM
My car has the V-8 on it also, I can measure mine Saturday if you can wait. I have not installed mine yet.

thanks I can wait. I still have a bunch of things I need to do before installing emblems.

thanks
<I>If I can't fix it, I'll fix it so no onw can!"</I>

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: Timbbuc2 on May 15, 2017, 07:55:33 AM

Just a suggestion but this works very well..

Cuda Cody

:o  That's factory original?

http://www.e-bodies.org/Resources/Engineering_Illustrations/Decal_Fender_Challenger.pdf

Quote from: manycj on May 15, 2017, 05:15:37 AM
I guess I'm picky, but with my luck I will park my car next to another one that has the V8 emblems and  they won't match.  Perhaps my pickiness is for nothing.  Here is a factory original example of R/T emblem placement on a 71 that was on the Hemming's website.

manycj

Yah it's factory original. here's the article. (sorry I thought it was Hemming's, it's actually HotRod)

http://www.hotrod.com/articles/1971-dodge-challenger-mondays-child/

the car had 1970 front seats, one of the tail moldings are from 1970 the other is from 1971. there are a few other 1970 parts on this 71.

anlauto

Most of that article is BS....The "70 seats" were used half way through the 1971 model year, that's pretty common knowledge....if the vinyl pattern was 70, then I could see it, but they only mention the seat backs and release buttons. The tail light housings won't interchange, etc...etc... :thumbdown:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Timbbuc2

I looked for the original post but couldn't find it. The picture is of the drivers side. I need to drill the passenger side. Hope this helps.
Get in, I'll drive

manycj

Timbbuc2

Quote from: manycj on May 22, 2017, 08:41:11 AM
that help a lot. thank you. -Chris
Let me clarify, the 6-3/4" and 4-3/4" is from the edge of the fender, the 2-1/2" is from the fender line.
Get in, I'll drive

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: Timbbuc2 on May 22, 2017, 10:52:13 AM
Quote from: manycj on May 22, 2017, 08:41:11 AM
that help a lot. thank you. -Chris
Let me clarify, the 6-3/4" and 4-3/4" is from the edge of the fender, the 2-1/2" is from the fender line.

I thought that was pretty clear.... :bradsthumb:

manycj

UPDATE: Here's my fenders with the V-8 Emblems installed. I used  4-3/4" and 6-3/4"-ish  from the edge of the fender and 2-1/2" from the fender line on both sides of the car.  The repo emblems have the pins on 2-1/16" centers so the 6-3/4"dimension is more like 6-13/16" for me.  Looks pretty correct based on pictures of other cars I've seen with the V-8 emblems.  Thanks for the help. -Chris

Cuda Cody

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon

Timbbuc2

Get in, I'll drive