Main Menu

Install Windshield

Started by tparker, May 10, 2020, 12:08:26 PM

Previous topic Next topic

tparker

Gonna try putting on the Vinyl top this weekend and if all goes well, I can put the front and rear windows in next week or the one after. There are lots of videos on youtube but I wanted to see what advice you all have, and what is good for mopars. Do I just use the sticky Butyl tape, adhesive, both, or something else?

Also any other tips?

Thanks
Tom

Cuda Cody

IMO, the cost to have a pro do it is well worth it.  I think my local guy charges me about $150 to come out to my place and install both the front and back.  He always does a good job of test fitting to make sure the glass sits flush with the trim and I've never had one leak. 

It's not hard so if you want to do it yourself, I'm sure you'll get it to work good.

Mrbill426

It is something we are going to have to do hopefully fairly soon in our restoration and we have every intention of having a pro do it.  My luck I would finds a way to crack the glass  :bricks:

Quote from: Cuda Cody on May 10, 2020, 12:21:25 PM
IMO, the cost to have a pro do it is well worth it.  I think my local guy charges me about $150 to come out to my place and install both the front and back.  He always does a good job of test fitting to make sure the glass sits flush with the trim and I've never had one leak. 

It's not hard so if you want to do it yourself, I'm sure you'll get it to work good.

headejm

These are the instructions I like to follow. Definitely have a second person helping you. Not difficult to install if you use good materials and take your time. Good luck!  :ohyeah:

Rich G.

I just did mine with 5/16 butyl tape. Lay it in first and mark it with tape so you know where you're going. You got one shot! Good instructions above.

anlauto

Make sure all the trim clips are in place first  :alan2cents: I have a professional install all my glass  :bigthumb:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Mrbill426

Did all the E-bodies use the same clips on the windshield and back glass?

Quote from: anlauto on May 10, 2020, 02:59:23 PM
Make sure all the trim clips are in place first  :alan2cents: I have a professional install all my glass  :bigthumb: