Main Menu

Looking for Seam sealer pictures

Started by A.Gramz, December 26, 2018, 02:35:08 PM

Previous topic Next topic

A.Gramz

Anyone have pictures of what areas get seam sealer.   Most of my car was rotten and holes everywhere so there wasn't much sealer left.  Tired searching forum. 

70 Challenger Lover

Trunk, eng compartment, or interior?

I might have a few pics but I can probably explain just as easy. In short, nearly anything that had overlapping metal joints got sealer. It went on very very sloppy.

A.Gramz

I've got a start on it.  Think I got the truck and interior floor done.  Engine bay and hinge Pilar I'm not really sure of.  What side it gets sealer on and so on.

70 Challenger Lover

On the hinge pillar, both my cars had it on the seam going top to bottom in the middle near the hinges. Basically the overlapping joint there. I also had a ton slathered into the joint where the hinge pillar was spot welded to the firewall. That whole front edge. This is for the outside.

On the inside of the hinge pillar, both my cars had a huge amount slathered around the perimeter on that recessed area at the firewall and basically all the way around.

On the engine compartment area, where the upper and lower cowl meet, there is sealer in between the two spot welded panels that is allowed to ooze out. What I did though was just seal the seam along the joint side to side for a bit tidier look.

There is no sealer anywhere else in the engine side. the wheel wells though have more of it where the firewall bracket is spot welded on.

A.Gramz

70 Challenger Lover

-009-

Not sure if you still need the locations for the seam sealer, but I managed to find it while looking through the service manual for something else. If you look at the 70' Cuda service manual it starts on page 23-167 Fig 15. The 70' Challenger service manual isn't loading but I'd imagine it will have the same information.

Link to service manuals.
https://www.e-bodies.org/resources/service-manuals-parts-catalogs-tsb/