Main Menu

Mystery bracket - where does this go?

Started by Dakota, September 17, 2019, 10:35:24 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Dakota

As my parts pile gets smaller, I'm finding some odds and ends that are currently homeless due to a lack of proper tagging when I took the car apart.  I think this belongs somewhere in the front grille assembly but maybe not.  This is for a 70 Challenger.   Any help pointing out the correct location would be appreciated.

And how the heck did anyone build a car before forums like this existed??  Can't even begin to imagine it.

dodj

I'm thinking it is part of the door, or 1/4 window hardware...but not sure.
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

AH1S

Your correct attaches to front fender and grille for Challenger. There is a hole on fender below headlight.

JS29

Is it to hold the headlight assembly to the radiator support. I am missing one.  :alan2cents:

dodj

Quote from: JS29 on September 17, 2019, 11:35:52 AM
Is it to hold the headlight assembly to the radiator support. I am missing one.  :alan2cents:
It's not that one. Too short me thinks
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

anlauto

It bolts to the headlight bracket of a 1971 Challenger fender and supports the grill. It's not the headlight bracket to rad support, that one is much longer :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Dakota

Quote from: anlauto on September 17, 2019, 12:20:34 PM
It bolts to the headlight bracket of a 1971 Challenger fender and supports the grill. It's not the headlight bracket to rad support, that one is much longer :alan2cents:

The longer brackets in the picture immediately below are the for the location marked with a red circle in the diagram from the FSM that follows - correct?

The short bracket is NOT the one with the green circle around it - correct?

I can't find any brackets in the FSM around the that look like the small one.   Any pics of fender to the grill support mentioned in Alan's quote would be appreciated.

JS29

That vary well could be the bracket that is circled in green, easy enough to check. look near to door opining ans see if they are there, if not see if the bracket you have fits.  :alan2cents:

AH1S

Hope this helps 71 challenger fender. Photo shows both brackets long and short.

AH1S

AH1S

anlauto

Perfect photos :bigthumb: I have fenders in storage right now, I was going to snap some pictures, but you saved me the trip. :drinkingbud:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

AH1S

Sorry the pics are upside down. Like Alan said 71 challenger part.