Main Menu

Under hood clips and straps

Started by Rdchallenger, July 08, 2021, 08:44:59 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Rdchallenger

So trying to get my engine compartment as done as possible before lifting the Kframe and engine in. I received the straps for the wiring harness and such for the engine compartment but have no clue where they go and which ones are for what. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Burdar

What year are you working on?  I'm sure there are some differences between years with clip placement.

Rdchallenger

Quote from: Burdar on July 08, 2021, 08:53:17 AM
What year are you working on?  I'm sure there are some differences between years with clip placement.

Working on a 73 Challenger. Wasn't sure if there were differences or not.

Dakota

Rdchallenger

Another stupid question a little off topic from the wiring but still goes with the under hood. Is the Nox valve actually needed? Reason I ask is I don't have a spot on my replacement firewall for it and particularly wanting to cut out a spot for it either haha.

Burdar

No you don't need them.  Mine are there because I want the engine compartment to look as stock as possible.  Both pieces on the firewall to the PS of the ECU bracket are normally left off in a performance build.  They are emissions related.

Rdchallenger

Quote from: Burdar on July 08, 2021, 10:55:54 AM
No you don't need them.  Mine are there because I want the engine compartment to look as stock as possible.  Both pieces on the firewall to the PS of the ECU bracket are normally left off in a performance build.  They are emissions related.

Awesome! Thanks for the help Burdar!