Main Menu

Need a pic from 70 Challenger with ECS

Started by Dan440-6pack, January 28, 2020, 08:54:34 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Dan440-6pack

Would  anyone happen to have a picture that shows where the vapor line bolts to the passenger inner fender?  I have a California car, 70 Challenger with ECS.  The bodyshop thought it was an unneeded hole and welded it shut.  They did a good enough job I cannot find it from either side.  I know it had one as I have the picture of the old line with a clip and screw in it but the picture does not show where the hole was.  I looked at the e-body hole locations pictures but didn't find one with the hole in it for a 70 with ECS.  Thanks!

shawge

@Dan440-6pack I've got a CA car w/ ECS.  Attached a couple of pics of my 70's engine bay during its refresh.  LMK if you need more.
1970 Challenger, 451 MS3Pro EFI
Colored wiring diagrams
Wheel spreadsheet

Dan440-6pack

Wow, Thanks for the quick reply!  If I could get a closeup pic from above that would be awesome or some measurements to work from.  Thanks!

198D13

That "ledge" and hole were standard on 1971 E Body and also 1971 B Body passenger side inner fenders. Once the stock of 1970 inner fenders was exhausted, they used that fender until the end of 1974 production, so it should be relatively easy to find.

anlauto

I would just lay the line down comfortably and drill the hole there. Not sure if the inner fenders were dimpled for that line or not :thinking:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration