Main Menu

photos of original AAR windshield and door glass date codes

Started by dragcuda, July 05, 2018, 05:37:08 PM

Previous topic Next topic

AAR#2

On the road or I'd post up pics, early March build AAR with tinted glass and all my pieces are dated Oct 69.

dragcuda

Thanks to all for taking the time to post all the great photos. My quarters and back window match what HR has almost exactly including where etched and which way they face. Very strange they would do it that way at the factory on purpose! My SPD is 409 so I think I have all I need to do this right with the exception of the windshield. Any one have an original windshield with date code they can photo including how it faces and which surface is etched. Thanks again! It saves me a trip to Carlisle this weekend.

dragcuda

Still looking for a photo of the date code image on the tinted windshield of an original 1970 Cuda preferably built in March or April 1970. Anybody? :)

Morty426

Quote from: dragcuda on July 19, 2018, 04:50:50 PM
Still looking for a photo of the date code image on the windshield of an original 1970 Cuda preferably built in March or April 1970. Anybody? :)

You could also use any Challenger built in Hamtramck for the same two months.

Also remember that there was no First In First Out back then.  So dates can be close to months out