Main Menu

Qtr Window Seals

Started by edison1970, February 28, 2018, 07:14:18 PM

Previous topic Next topic

edison1970

Getting ready to order new quarter window seals for my Cuda and not sure which ones to order.  I bought the glass from Carlise some years ago and don't know what year they are from.  What is the difference from 70 to 71+?  I know there are 2 different part numbers so maybe someone can explain.  Thanks

anlauto

It all boils down to the stainless trim. 1970 is a one year only and takes a different weather-strip. Is the current weather-strip "felt-like" or solid rubber ?
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

edison1970

It's hard from age but looks like just rubber.

jimynick

Mine's a 74 Challenger, but I bought mine from Rock Auto and they fit perfectly at a good price, too. Hope that helps!  :cheers:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

nsmall

I bought mine from Dave at Roseville for a 73 Cuda.  Perfect fit.  Call him, he will help you.

anlauto

You need the 71-74 style then.....post a picture if you can to be sure  :takepicture:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

realn96

I just seen / came across this now.I ordered the 71-74 seal. It turns out I have the 1970 style. Is it possible that my 71 came with the 70 style? or do you think someone may have changed the whole assembly ?  The both sides are70 style.  :popcorn:

anlauto

There's a small chance if your car has an extremely early build date, but most likely someone has swapped them out. :alan2cents:

realn96

Quote from: anlauto on March 11, 2018, 05:55:29 AM
There's a small chance if your car has an extremely early build date, but most likely someone has swapped them out. :alan2cents:

I agree Alan, I believe they where changed.. I am not a trophy chaser , but I do try and have all the correct parts on my cars!I may just buy the 70 seals and live with it. What do think Alan? Would you try and find the correct stainless for the 71? or just use the 70 seal and live with it? Anyone else wants to give me their opinion is more then welcomed! thx Alan

realn96

btw  I don't have a problem changing the stainless.. Its just trying to find them is the problem I am ready to install my new date coded glass and came across the problem yesterday. So its off already!

anlauto

It's a matter of personal preference.....it's not like it's going to stand out like a sore thumb....90% of the people looking at your car will never pick up on it anyways...heck, half the time the windows are rolled down :driving:

realn96