Main Menu

Question Installing The Rear Deck / Trunk Lid Molding

Started by Daveh, May 05, 2017, 08:27:50 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Daveh

Hi guys,

I'm installing the rear deck molding and I have my plastic pieces fitted into the deck and when I pop the molding on it doesn't sit flush against the deck lid.  It seems like those 2 thin plastic strips are holding it back from sitting flush. There is one at the top and bottom. What am I doing wrong?  Should I trim those 2 little plastic tabs off?  Thanks for your help.  I tried to get good pictures it was just too bright in the garage.  Thanks again. 

Cuda Cody

RUNCHARGER

Those tabs are supposed to be there so you don't have the metal molding rubbing on the paint. They should be quite thin though and I can't tell in the photo how thin they are.
Sheldon

Daveh

It's my 1971 Challenger Convertible.  There was a fair amount of gap in there I think more than it should be. You could see right through.  Thanks

Cuda Cody

The tabs do not look right.  Can you install it without them?   :notsure:

Daveh

I can cut them off easy enough then maybe put some cloth tape on the trim around the tabs so it wont scratch the deck when I push them on so they wont scratch???? 

Your thoughts?

blown motor

Use clips like this. Unless a 71 is different from a 74.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

Daveh

I have those for the two ends where can I get them in the states?  They would make it easy,  I was going to try to fab something up someway.

Cuda Cody

Daveh