Main Menu

Re: SE quarter belt molding fasteners

Started by 70/6chall, August 26, 2018, 12:14:54 PM

Previous topic Next topic

70/6chall

I noticed a post placed for SE top of door molding clips. I remembered I had a bag of various fasteners in the garage, and thought, hey! maybe I would have some. So after weeding through the bag, I came up with some that look similar. Tell me what you think forum members. "Wild RT" mentioned that they were difficult to locate. I have 9 of one type of used OE fastener and 40 of the newer looking ones. I know I've had these clips for years. The newer ones were given to me years ago by an old Mopar mechanic out of his tool box. The first pic I'll post is the original pic request from "Shawn" the other pics are of the fasteners I have. Members.......can you identify clips for me.   Thanks,   Al

autoxcuda

Pics 1-4 are

1st pic:

Square clip is the rear most one for the door moldings. It should have a machine threaded stud that goes through the door lip with a nut.

The one with wings is for the front part of door moldings where the outer edge gets deeper.

The S-clip is a repeat of the clips in pics 2-4, correct? These are for the 1/4 window clips and the clips between the rear most square one and the wing clip on the door moldings. These have foam on them so water doesn't leak into door.

The other clips, I'm not familiar with. But may function like the S-clips in previous pics. You could add/make foam donut to go around the peg.
Spring Fling April 2024 Woodley Park, Van Nuys CA, 600+ Mopars, 175+ all Mopar swap, Malibu Cruise, Mopar Cruise-In: www.cpwclub.com Date comming...

fc7cuda

I need to take these out for better pics to ID.