Main Menu

71 'Cuda Quarter panel belt molding

Started by 76orangewagon, March 23, 2017, 01:05:45 PM

Previous topic Next topic

76orangewagon

Hello everybody,
I am in looking to buy a passenger side Belt molding that fit on the top of the quarter panel, It must be in nice condition and must have the mounting tab. Please message me if you can help me out.
Thank you for looking...
Ross

Cuda Cody

Those are pretty hard to come by.  Are they Stainless?  If so, don't be afraid of a used one.  Stainless is pretty easy to make look like new.   :alan2cents:

76orangewagon

Quote from: Cuda Cody on March 23, 2017, 01:08:45 PM
Those are pretty hard to come by.  Are they Stainless?  If so, don't be afraid of a used one.  Stainless is pretty easy to make look like new.   :alan2cents:

I have no problem buying a good used one as long as it has the mounting tab, It does not have to be an N.O.S part. Here is the Drivers side I have.

anlauto

I have a brand new pair of reproduction ones that I'm not using, but they don't have the tabs.
I've put reproductions on every 70-71 Cuda I've restored, but have always had to reuse the original tabs

They are anodised aluminum
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

76orangewagon

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

Shane Kelley

Quote from: anlauto on March 23, 2017, 02:04:02 PM
I've put reproductions on every 70-71 Cuda I've restored, but have always had to reuse the original tabs
You know what brand you have been using? Any issues with the front door contours? Thanks

anlauto

I believe they're Metro. Easy to "adjust" the contour if necessary  :alan2cents:

EB3-GranCoupe

When did the mounting tabs first get used? My 1970 Gran Coupe never came with them, and the 71 'cuda that i have (October '70 build) did not come with them.  Any ideas?

anlauto

The last 1971 Cuda I restored had a SBD of 909 or Sept.9th 1970 and it had the tabs  :dunno: