Main Menu

Rear Bumper Filler Question

Started by Daveh, March 15, 2017, 11:39:57 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Daveh

Hi Guys,

I was wondering if anyone had any pictures of the rear filler panel that is in between the body and the rear bumper? I'm trying to figure out if my 71 Challenger convertible needs it or not.  I couldn't find it in my Body Service Manual.  Close up pics would be awesome.  Thanks

Dave

Cuda Cody

It's the filler piece that screws just below the taillights.  It visually fills the area between the bumper and the car.

anlauto

There is no filler piece on a 71 Challenger, it's part of the tail light surround trim :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

303 Mopar

Related question:  What is the rule on painting the filler black vs. body color?  Is it strictly dependent on chrome vs. elastomeric bumpers?  Is it by year/model or was there an option?   :thinking:

anlauto

I'm guessing the only time that panel is anything but body colour would be on a T/A because of the blacked out tail panel ?
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

Daveh

Thanks I guess that's why I couldn't see in in the 71 Body Service Manual.  Because there wasn't one.   One less thing I have to buy.   :ohyeah:

Daveh

One more question.  Can I install the bumper now and the tail panel later?  Or does the tail panel have to go on first? 

anlauto

Tail panel first in my opinion, but I've never tried the other way... :('