Main Menu

Recommend Some Air Compressors!

Started by 7E-Bodies, August 11, 2020, 04:26:46 PM

Previous topic Next topic

7E-Bodies

I think one of my two workhorse air compressors is trying to give up the ghost. I'd love to get some recommendations for replacements. Quieter would be a bonus as mine is painfully loud. I was about to pull the trigger on the Eastwood scroll compressor until I saw feedback that it was a China unit. Is there such a thing as dropping 2-2.5k or less for a nice unit for my shop? Standard air tools and painting.
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

Scooter

I had a 5HP~60 gallon IR in my garage for years. Honestly it was overkill for me but got it for a song years back. We did a remodel and I had to remove it, it never went back in. Just gave it away a few weeks ago. I replaced it with a 1.6hp~15gallon Dewalt portable unit. Builds pressure fast, is reasonably quiet, does not take much space (or a 220v connection) and powers my tools fine.  :alan2cents:

Mopar5

If I was looking for a compressor Quincy would be one to consider.

Mopar5

RUNCHARGER

I'm on my second IR 5HP and it's been good for 20 years, hard to say if they're still good though.
Sheldon

Chryco Psycho

Well I don't have a name brand but 2 of my friends have larger & much older V2 oil type compressors that turn at lower speeds , both are very quiet & rebuildable . I would search old farm estate sales !!

1 Wild R/T

This unit is over your stated budget but they mention that they have a smaller unit, it might fit your budget...  Rotary screw compressor, made in Minnesota... They are very quiet, might be worth giving them a call...

https://peoria.craigslist.org/tld/d/dunlap-and-50-hp-air-compressor/7164718112.html

Topcat

:iagree:

Rotary Screw last longer, are quiet, and keep up to air demanding tools overall.
But they do cost more.