Main Menu

Repro AAR strobe stripes?

Started by FSHTAIL, December 19, 2017, 02:33:16 AM

Previous topic Next topic

FSHTAIL

After searching the forum, I came up with no results on preferred vendors or quality.   

Also, I've seen some medallions that were Custom vs. the traditional "AAR CUDA"

In the search I saw a blueprint of the "cancelled" stripe, I've never seen that before, anyone seen it on a car?

Interesting. 

Thanks. 

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

1973 BS23H Cuda' 340/TKX 5 speed (70 AAR clone-ish)

303 Mopar

Performance Car Graphics has some of the best graphics on the market.  They will also do various colors for your AAR stripe - http://www.performancecargraphics.com/Stripes_Lettering/Barracuda/70_AAR_Cuda.htm

I bought mine from them, and had a local sign shop reproduce the shield with the 392 Hemi call out after getting the idea from @Cuda Cody.

dave73

I got the stripes for my challenger from a member on cuda-challenger forum named challengergary. Not sure if he's on here, but he's always been good to deal.

Brads70

Quote from: dave73chally on December 19, 2017, 08:15:00 AM
I got the stripes for my challenger from a member on cuda-challenger forum named challengergary. Not sure if he's on here, but he's always been good to deal.

:iagree:  That's who did mine.

FSHTAIL

It would be cool to replace the "AAR" with "340" so at a glance it looked legit

RUNCHARGER

I like the 340 idea. 303's looks great and no one can say you are cloning an AAR.
Sheldon

FSHTAIL

Howabout this concept?

Before and after. 

FSHTAIL

Pulled the trigger.     I like it.      It's subtle.      And I'm sure people still ask me if it's a real AAR.  🤣🤣🤣

One of our own E-bodies brethren.   
Challenger Gary

www.topflitegraphics.com

His prices were great too, it was in the mail with a tracking number in less than 24 hours

edison1970

That looks good.  I was thinking about doing that.  Still up in the air at the moment.

Cudakiller70

Quote from: Chris Pauluk on December 27, 2017, 02:35:15 PM
Pulled the trigger.     I like it.      It's subtle.      And I'm sure people still ask me if it's a real AAR.  🤣🤣🤣

One of our own E-bodies brethren.   
Challenger Gary

www.topflitegraphics.com

His prices were great too, it was in the mail with a tracking number in less than 24 hours

I'm stealing this!  :)
My car if I can ever get back to it will be an AAR concept also. Great idea or is it an option?

FSHTAIL

I came up with it. 
A friend did the rough mockup because he didn't want to wait for me to get home to do it, so he did the mockup.   
Top Flite made it perfect.   
I pulled the trigger. 

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon

dave73

Cool to see you used Gary, he's been great to me and always a pleasure to deal with. I put him through the ringer making me all my custom decals. Is he on this site yet?

303 Mopar

Quote from: Chris Pauluk on December 27, 2017, 08:06:45 PM
I came up with it. 
A friend did the rough mockup because he didn't want to wait for me to get home to do it, so he did the mockup.   
Top Flite made it perfect.   
I pulled the trigger. 

That looks really nice!  Be sure to tell him about the forum.  Congrats!   :banana: