Main Menu

Reproduction T/A Hood

Started by erik70rt, August 25, 2023, 12:41:51 PM

Previous topic Next topic

erik70rt

Contrary to the opinions of some, I am not dumber than I look.

Brads70

I bought mine like 12 years ago , on ebay, from a seller in Texas. Looks like what I have but can't remember the sellers name. I'm happy with mine?

MOPAR MITCH

Looks pretty good... and the pricing is reasonable... but... find out if the hood has metal reinforcement within the log stretches from where the hinges mount... towards the front of the hood... that will hopefully eliminate the bowing of the fiberglass hood over time (when using the light-weight hood springs).  The last manufacturer of these hoods (aftermarket company) was using metal reinforcement... a good thing (IMO)!

erik70rt

Quote from: MOPAR MITCH on August 28, 2023, 11:51:59 AM
Looks pretty good... and the pricing is reasonable... but... find out if the hood has metal reinforcement within the log stretches from where the hinges mount... towards the front of the hood... that will hopefully eliminate the bowing of the fiberglass hood over time (when using the light-weight hood springs).  The last manufacturer of these hoods (aftermarket company) was using metal reinforcement... a good thing (IMO)!

I sent them a note asking this question.  I'll let you know what they say.

shawge

I got the same hood a few years ago.  They only had small metal squares for at the hinge mounts.  I added a long metal bar along the side for rigidity.
1970 Challenger, 451 MS3Pro EFI
Colored wiring diagrams
Wheel spreadsheet

dodj

Quote from: MOPAR MITCH on August 28, 2023, 11:51:59 AM
Or you could forego springs altogether and use a prop I suppose if they don't have the reinforcement?
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

dodj

Just noticed...$370 shipping... :o
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

erik70rt

They never responded, so I don't think I would trust them.