Main Menu

Painter tail panel, nonSE

Started by DAYLEY/CHALLENGER, December 16, 2018, 06:33:45 PM

Previous topic Next topic

DAYLEY/CHALLENGER

Was looking at our wedding book today from Aug. 14, 1971...good history,.... and noticed that the panel is painted and looks or be same as BB stripe.  Now don't pay attention to the slanted wheels, etc, that's how the pic was laying when I took a pic of it.  Just the tail light panel.   This was a 1970 ,340 , automatic.  I thought all panels were body color unless you got the SE trim panel???

Thoughts?

Cuda Cody

Do you have the build sheet for the car?  Is it a factory rear bumble bee stripe? 

Brads70

Judging by the trunk lock , it looks like maybe it didn't have the S/E tail panel and was painted black?
Unless someone mounted the trunk lock outside of the panel like I did on mine which is not correct.

anlauto

Are you the original owner of the car?
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Chryco Psycho

I recall seeing them like that back then either painted or with a black se panel option

DAYLEY/CHALLENGER

Ok...way back then , I didn't know about build sheets, fender tags or much else for that matter.... so,no build sheet, I bought the car new, it is a factory stripe.  I have the invoice somewhere and will add a pic of that when I find it.  The car had a bench seat, fold down arm rest, auto on the column, no air conditioning, am radio. Rally dash.  I have more pics and will add when I locate some other stuff I started looking for.  Just looked interesting I thought. 

And an SE tail panel....I have on my currently Challenger.  So I know that my red one did not have that.

Husk Challenger

It seems to be a cool A66 car!  :cool:

Do you still own the car?
Challenger 73' 383ci 4spd ---> SOLD
Challenger 71' 318 904 RT clone ---> Stroker 318/392 Tf 727!

DAYLEY/CHALLENGER

Wish I still did own that one.  I have enquired in the area I know it was last but no luck yet.

My girl in 71 and still my wife now. 47 years.  She is the best thing that ever happened to me.

More pics .  Couldn't fine some I know I have, still looking , Will post as I can.

Husk Challenger

Challenger 73' 383ci 4spd ---> SOLD
Challenger 71' 318 904 RT clone ---> Stroker 318/392 Tf 727!