Main Menu

TA tail panel paint

Started by Harley, July 21, 2020, 10:15:01 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Harley

Hey guys, I've been looking at the tech drawings relating to TA rear panel black out on this site and have a question.  On one of the drawings the paint break is through the center line of trim holes. On the other drawing it shows the black out area extends 5.5 inches forward of the rear deck lid edge  ( area #6 on drawing)Does this black out area run under the spoiler???  Maybe somebody has a picture they could share. Thank You.  Harley

Burdar

IIRC there is a three piece decal that goes under the spoiler and onto the tops of the quarter panels.

Floyd

Trunk lid was painted.  Tops of the 1/4s got decals. 

The engineering drawings show the paint extending almost the full width of the spoiler but most of the survivors I've seen match these pics.  I did see one original paint Green Go car with the wide band of paint matching the engineering drawing.  I'll post some pics later.

Harley

Thanks for the pictures Floyd.( My TA just happens to be yellow). Very helpful!!

Floyd

As promised, here's the Green Go survivor with the wide band of paint under the spoiler (matches what was called for in the engineer docs).  Sorry , that's the only one I got and I didn't get the VIN/SPD.

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon