Main Menu

Se vinyl top moulding position

Started by 70rtse, September 04, 2022, 04:58:00 AM

Previous topic Next topic

70rtse

Ready to drill holes for the vinly top stanless moulding.

Does this look right cant seem to get the ends closer to the roof rail moulds.

70rtse

anlauto

Usually it's where it sits most comfortable, looking at your side picture, I would try to move everything up and in slightly to close that gap and get the bottom of the trim level with the drip rail....which is very little from where it's at now. :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

70rtse

the 3 holes on each side of the roof are the original holes
just the rear pannel has been replaced if i get them closer the moulding will become to short

Anyone have some pictures
needs to be se cars only

anlauto

Ahhh yes, having original holes left behind certainly limits the location that you can place it in....It sounds as if you have it now where it has to go... :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

70rtse

Was hoping to see some others how much gap they have between them and also mesurment from the bottom of the mould to the trunk lid as i have pictured.

EV2RTSE

Here are a few I have saved for reference-

headejm

I believe you are close. Here are some photos of my car.  :cheers:

70rtse

Did it
:thankyou: :woohoo:

Thank you for your help guys

How about the Mouldings that go around the rear window does any one have any pictures of them and know where to get them from
are they the same as the standard challenger

71vert340

The rear window is much smaller on the SE. The entire SE plug is the same size as the standard Challenger rear window.
Terry W.