Do you like hood Pins or do you not?

Yes
27 (84.4%)
No
5 (15.6%)

Total Members Voted: 32

Voting closed: August 09, 2022, 02:11:56 PM

6bblgt

the hood latch holds the hood shut, the "meathook' and hood pins act as a secondary latch on steel hood cars  :thinking:

Brads70

Quote from: MoparCarGuy on August 06, 2022, 09:55:43 PM
It must be a pain to install the hood pin clips with no "meathook" latch installed. The pop-up spring would be pressing against the hood pin clips all the time unless you guys are getting rid of the spring. If you remove the spring, how do you get the hood to pop up?   :notsure:

Yes I removed the spring as well. I can see your point on a Cuda, but a Challenger the hood goes all the way to the front like most hoods . Must be an easy solution for Cuda's as the AAR hood has no hook?  :notsure:

torredcuda

I like them just for looks on metal hoods,  mandatory on fiberglass hoods. I leave the "meat hook" on as owning Mopars for so long it`s second nature for me to duck my head, my buddy who`s not brand loyal got gouged pretty good once though.
Jeff   `72 Barracuda 340/4spd
https://www.facebook.com/jeffrey.hunt.750

Northeast Mighty Mopar Club
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1486087201685038/

MoparCarGuy

Quote from: 6bblgt on August 07, 2022, 12:52:54 AM
the hood latch holds the hood shut, the "meathook' and hood pins act as a secondary latch on steel hood cars  :thinking:

Early morning post so I should have thought that through a bit more. That meathook versus noggin is a battle you cannot win.  My CTEK 7002 trickle charger cord drapes nicely in the hook so I am keeping it.

HP_Cuda

I got rid of my meathook because well you know why.

This is why the pins are my secondary for the latch.

:banana:
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200