Main Menu

Turn Signal Housing Mounting Screws

Started by Gary AAR, April 12, 2022, 05:45:27 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Gary AAR

I seem to have lost the screws that mount the lens to the turn signal housing on my 70 Cuda.  I checked the Parts Catalog and the Dave Wise E-Body Hardware book, but could not find any description of these screws.  Does anyone know the details of these screws (diameter, length, finish, head type, etc)?  If the screw is a hex head, what was the original manufacturers head stamping?  The screw I'm referencing is shown in the photo below from the Parts Catalog.  It attaches the lens to the housing.
If anyone has any extra screws, I would be interested in buying them.
Thanks for the help.

MoparLeo

So you need 4 screws for both housings ?
moparleo@hotmail.com  For professionally rebuilt door hinges...

Mr Cuda

If you just want to know what you're looking for,  they are zinc coated,  1/2" long and have a self cutting feature

FE5CUDA

What's most important is make sure you use "thread cutter" screws as shown or you stand a good chance of cracking the lens.

Gary AAR

Thanks for the info.  I need a total of (4) screws (2 for each side).  Are the screws #8 with 18 threads per inch?  Are they a silver zinc finish, or chrome?
Thanks.

anlauto

Great pictures Mr. Cuda, this is the exact kind of participation that makes this forum a wonderful place  :worship: :drinkingbud:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration