Main Menu

Twisted Barracuda... Should I make a jig?

Started by Caleb, November 07, 2019, 05:06:42 PM

Previous topic Next topic

jimynick

The old Mitchell chart books we used to use are based on establishing a datum line from which vertical measurements are based. You could use a table and calculate the difference in heights from the spec. As for who makes the best gear, ask 4 guys and you'll likely get 4 different answers. The really best set ups are the laser or ultrasonic measuring systems and they're accurate down to a millimeter when properly calibrated. Do some Googling and see if the different manufacturers don't have a tech line and call them and see where you get.  :cheers:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

Caleb

Thanks again for all the feedback! Y'all have definitely given me enough good information to start making progress on it when I get back to Ohio in a few weeks. I want to get it right as the car is basically a shell and now is the time to fix it. On a slightly unrelated note...I feel wierd calling it frame damage given that it is a unibody design. How do I properly refer to the damage my car has sustained? Do most people say it has frame damage, or body damage...or is there some other industry term for a unibody car with structural damage? I'm just curious.

edison1970

I tried to copy the diagram.

Topcat

Quote from: hanksemenec on November 07, 2019, 05:55:26 PM
Looks like our drivers side damage. Is the twist in the floor around the  torsion bar cross member?

Front fender lines up OK to the door in the rear sags.

Welcome @hanksemenec

Wow, so now  there's 3 Cuda's in Fremont.   :perfect10:

@jamesroney & I are both near Niles.

Feel free to contact me if you'd like.
Perhaps  I can put you  in contact with some good body work people i know in our area.