Main Menu

Undercoat process

Started by Cbridgewater, May 26, 2022, 08:50:26 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Cbridgewater

I am in the process of redoing my undercoating. I have the car on the Auto Twirler body dolly system that bolts into the leaf spring mounting holes in the rear and k-member holes in the front. Photo attached. My idea is: lift front end of the car with the engine hoist so I have room to get under and shoot the new undercoat. Do you guys think this would be putting too much stress on the leaf spring bracket area??

anlauto

The car is stripped out right ? Light enough, I think it would just pivot on the rear caster wheels without issue :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Cbridgewater

Rear axle is out. It's on the casters, car is completely stripped no drive train or suspension

anlauto

Yea, that's what I meant, rear caster wheels :twothumbsup:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

R/T's 4 R/P

Well, if you are considering exactly matching the OEM undercoat process the rear end would have been in the car.
70 R/T 440 6 Pack
70 T/A
70 SE R/T 383
2015 SRT

Cbridgewater

It is not intended to mimic original, car is far from it.

autoxcuda

Not an issue.

That front spring hanger is very strong.

Spring Fling April 2024 Woodley Park, Van Nuys CA, 600+ Mopars, 175+ all Mopar swap, Malibu Cruise, Mopar Cruise-In: www.cpwclub.com Date comming...

Cbridgewater

I see some additional metal under yours in the rear, were the dollys only attached to the spring bracket?

autoxcuda

Quote from: Cbridgewater on May 27, 2022, 06:14:55 PM
I see some additional metal under yours in the rear, were the dollys only attached to the spring bracket?

It's a buddy of mines, but yea you're right. It also attaches to the two shock bolts. Not sure if he uses those bolts for every car, since E, B, and A bodies are different. He's got it on a 64 Belvedere right now.
Spring Fling April 2024 Woodley Park, Van Nuys CA, 600+ Mopars, 175+ all Mopar swap, Malibu Cruise, Mopar Cruise-In: www.cpwclub.com Date comming...

Cbridgewater

Would you be willing to ask him?

Cbridgewater

Anyone ever try building a wood tip over jig?

Cbridgewater

Photo 1:Built my tip over jig
Photo 2/3: clean and prep
Photo 4: Raptor liner sprayed