Main Menu

Unique 1971 Billboard Cuda side marker lights?

Started by Cuda Cody, January 30, 2017, 02:42:43 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Cuda Cody

I've heard that 1971 Billboard Cudas got unique side marker lights?   Since the billboards were only available in black or white, they had unique side marker lights that had different (sub) part numbers and stated "Black / White".  Has anyone else found this to be true?

moparparts

Two 71 Billboard Cudas that i owned had those.

Cuda Cody

Thanks @moparparts    :twothumbsup:  Kinda of neat that billboard Cudas got those.  Do you have any photos of your old Cudas?   :takepicture:

71GranCoupe

cataclysm80

fc7cuda

Brads70

autoxcuda

Ive got a NOS 69 marker light that is wood grain vinyl rapped for station wagons with a unique part number. I'd have to check if the casting says anything different.

I just don't know why they would the number on the castings different? Seams like same casting just different paint. I'd assume just for assembly purposes?
Spring Fling April 2024 Woodley Park, Van Nuys CA, 600+ Mopars, 175+ all Mopar swap, Malibu Cruise, Mopar Cruise-In: www.cpwclub.com Date comming...

realn96

I just glass beaded mine and they are off my 71 cuda. I wonder if its a 71 barracuda/cuda  thing. Was the top picture you show cody off a 70 cuda? one picture is with the reflector out to see the original green!

Cuda Cody

Mine are just Swap meet finds so I don't know what they came out of.  :dunno:

Quote from: realn96 on February 01, 2017, 02:14:27 PM
Was the top picture you show cody off a 70 cuda?

Shoooter

Mine has black on them as well!

76orangewagon

I just checked mine out after reading this post and found this.....

Cuda Cody

Those look like the Billboard ones!   :clapping:

Quote from: 76orangewagon on March 23, 2017, 01:08:13 PM
I just checked mine out after reading this post and found this.....

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Cudino

Quote from: anlauto on March 23, 2017, 02:08:47 PM
You'll find most 71's have that writing  :alan2cents:
I agree with Alan.  I have one 1971 original paint Cuda, and another set of rear sidemarker housings from an original-paint '71 Barracuda, and both have this style of sidemarker housings but neither are Billboard cars (ie both still have original paint in body color).  As was mentioned above I believe this was just a running change, where for 1971 this new part was cast with these different PNs just to identify the PN change for different applications.

- Wade