Main Menu

What all can I weld up?

Started by Swamp Donkey, April 15, 2021, 04:24:27 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Swamp Donkey

Hey @anlauto I was wondering if I can weld up the last 6 holes I have circled.  And also curious what the 1..250 inch hole in the far right is for.  I'm copying you in your 3rd Gen Hemi build.   Thanks!
1973 Cuda. 340 4 speed.

anlauto

So if you are copying the car I'm doing with a manual transmission and a Dakota Digital Dash, then you can weld up the following holes:

Throttle cable hole
Speedo Cable hole
Clutch Switch Safety Switch Wire Hole

You will still need the two holes for the clutch pedal reinforcement bracket, the one hole for the dash reverse light wire.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

anlauto

Keep in mind it's easier to weld up a hole now and re-drill it if you have to, rather then have the car in final paint and realized you have a bunch of holes you don't need  :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Swamp Donkey

The Clutch Switch Safety Switch Wire Hole, I'm guessing can be run in somehow with all the other wires that would go into the cab from the engine compartment.  My weakest part of anything automotive is wiring.   :haha:
1973 Cuda. 340 4 speed.

Swamp Donkey

I messed up.  I was thinking for the dash reverse light wire hole.  Thanks!!
1973 Cuda. 340 4 speed.

wes473

One of those small holes on the right is for road lamps I believe.