Main Menu

What are these springs from?

Started by blown motor, December 13, 2020, 09:33:24 AM

Previous topic Next topic

blown motor

They measure 7/8" x 7 5/8 overall. Could they be hood springs for a fibreglass hood?
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

HP2

That would be my guess. When I ordered a fiberglass hood for my '67, I bought it with a spring kit. The springs that arrived looked a lot like those.

Jay Bee

Sure has a lot of coils, I counted 56. I did a quick Google of some Mopar hood hinges/springs and none of the ones I looked at had that many coils to them.

Brads70

I'm guessing not automotive? trampoline springs maybe? They look nothing like my T/A hood springs.

HP2

B5fourspeed

blown motor

Quote from: Jay Bee on December 16, 2020, 10:37:53 AM
Sure has a lot of coils, I counted 56. I did a quick Google of some Mopar hood hinges/springs and none of the ones I looked at had that many coils to them.

John, you need to get a hobby, you have too much time on your hands.  :haha:

Quote from: Brads70 on December 16, 2020, 10:48:24 AM
I'm guessing not automotive? trampoline springs maybe? They look nothing like my T/A hood springs.

I have T/A springs too, they're smaller. Not sure why trampoline springs would have come with a bunch of parts.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

anlauto

:haha: :haha: :haha: I was going to say trampoline springs the other day when I first looked at this thread....I didn't post that because I didn't want to get laughed at... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:  be funny if that's what they turn out to be....
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

jimynick

Quote from: B5fourspeed on December 16, 2020, 03:17:49 PM
Maybe springs for the seat tracks.
That's what I was wondering, too. OR, they're off the flap on Murray's wallet, when he had to remove them so as to get more cash in there!  :Stirring:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

Jay Bee

Seat track springs have an oddball hook on one side. Picture from Roseville Moparts.

Brads70

Quote from: blown motor on December 16, 2020, 03:50:36 PM
Quote from: Jay Bee on December 16, 2020, 10:37:53 AM

John, you need to get a hobby, you have too much time on your hands.  :haha:

Quote from: Brads70 on December 16, 2020, 10:48:24 AM

I have T/A springs too, they're smaller. Not sure why trampoline springs would have come with a bunch of parts.

Over the years I've seen a few posts about using trampoline springs as a cheap source for hood springs. Never tried but that was the first thought that came to me when I read your post.