Main Menu

Fender Hardware

Started by Spikedog08, December 15, 2020, 11:11:13 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Spikedog08

So what is the correct hardware to use to attach the fender to the car under the hood?  My 73 has both studs and bolts and they are looking rough . . like to fix with correct.  Thanks

:wave:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

Rdchallenger

Quote from: Spikedog08 on December 15, 2020, 11:11:13 AM
So what is the correct hardware to use to attach the fender to the car under the hood?  My 73 has both studs and bolts and they are looking rough . . like to fix with correct.  Thanks

:wave:

Actually I bought the AAR/TA bolt kit after much research as '72-'74 have three studs in the middle and then bolts on the ends like the TA's had. Read it was faster for adjustments going down the assembly line.

headejm

@Spikedog08 Here is what Dave Wise says:

Spikedog08

So apparently there is no correct formula . . I guess just clean up what is there . .  :dunno:

Rdchallenger

Quote from: Spikedog08 on December 16, 2020, 01:23:55 PM
So apparently there is no correct formula . . I guess just clean up what is there . .  :dunno:

Pretty good discussion on the subject from years ago.
https://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/847477/1.html

Swamp Donkey

My 73 Cuda had 3 studs in the middle.  I just took the front fenders off about a week ago and took a quick video to show where the washers were also located if you want....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1973 Cuda. 340 4 speed.

Spikedog08

That is helpful . . My passenger side looks just like that but the drivers side only has 1 stud and the rest are bolts. 

Now I know  . . Thanks! 

So we’re they painted body color? 

headejm

I would ask @Burdar about anything 1972-1974. The bolts are painted body color on 1970 cars.

Swamp Donkey

Mine were also body color.  But on both sides under the fender and on top of the engine bay rail on all the studs were washers.  Two thin washers on the first stud, a thick washer on the second stud and on the 3rd stud two more thin washers.  I thought I took video and more pictures, but I probably never hit record.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1973 Cuda. 340 4 speed.

Spikedog08

Good info here!  Thanks!  Is it the same for 70-71?   :huh: