Main Menu

Window Hardware

Started by 340Challman, May 10, 2021, 05:44:17 PM

Previous topic Next topic

340Challman

Hi Guys, with the collective experience of the forum, who do you recommend as a retailer/vendor for all of the door and quarter window hardware? I'm looking for all of the plastic pieces and anything that wears and should be replaced. Who's are the best and who should I stay away from? Also, who do you recommend for restoring the regulators as well?
Thanks in advance.
Kevin

anlauto

When it comes to parts, I think we will always recommend Roseville Moparts....you can't go wrong with those guys. :twothumbsup:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

340Challman

Unfortunately Roseville lists next to nothing in the way of window hardware. They only list some for the quarter windows and they are out of stock on those. No other options? Classic Industries shows some. Anyone have experience with them?

And how about the restoration the regulators? Would that be SF Restorations? I'm hesitant with shipping anything international to Canada right now.
Thanks.
Kevin

Floyd

I don't know of anyone restoring regulators.  I had great results getting mine soda blasted.  It took care of all the caked on/dried out grease.  Another member recently posted pics of his after a bath in evaporust.  In both cases, they came out looking excellent.

I bought most of my window parts from Resto Rick:

http://www.restorick.com/categories.php

RJChallenger

R/T Specialties has all kinds of hardware, just about everything you need

340Challman

Quote from: Floyd on May 12, 2021, 04:38:37 PM
I don't know of anyone restoring regulators.  I had great results getting mine soda blasted.  It took care of all the caked on/dried out grease.

I bought most of my window parts from Resto Rick:

http://www.restorick.com/categories.php

Soda blasting sounds great. I was thinking about media blasting, but didn't want to impact the plating on them. I hadn't thought of soda. :bigthumb:

Quote from: RJChallenger on May 12, 2021, 07:49:57 PM
R/T Specialties has all kinds of hardware, just about everything you need

I looked them up. Looks like a great resource.

Thanks Gents. :cheers:
Kevin

JunkYardFind

Classic Industries is right around the corner from me. I use them pretty exclusively, they know me by name LOL!
Never had a problem with their parts. Always seems to fit, reasonably priced, they have lots of sales, etc.

www.JunkYardFind.com What's In YOUR Garage ?