Main Menu

Where does this bolt go

Started by tparker, August 26, 2019, 10:25:27 AM

Previous topic Next topic

tparker

Now that I'm putting things back together, I'm finding I misplaced a couple screws and bolts and have forgotten where a few others go. Can anyone help with where this one goes? Any Ideas?

It looks like they may be part of the fender but I just can't quite figure out where. They seem simillar to the ones shown in the fender bolt kits.

dodj

Attaches the bottom of the front fender by the door
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

anlauto

Three of those per side on your standard E Body. Two at the very bottom of the heel of the fender connecting it to the rocker, one more inside the rear of the fender where it bolts to the elbow bracket on the upper cowl.

I say Standard E Body, because the AAR/TAs were known to have three more along the top of the fender on each side, however the washer size is smaller to match the regular fender bolt.
EDIT: Apparently 73-74 E Bodies also used these to secure the fenders along the top similar to AAR/TAs :alan2cents:

Can't really tell what size washer is in your picture  :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Burdar

They started putting three on top of each fender in the later years as well.  My 73 Challenger uses them on top.

dodj

@Burdar
Interesting, my '73 had all bolts except for one on each side closest to the cowl.
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

YellowThumper

Quote from: Burdar on August 26, 2019, 12:50:28 PM
They started putting three on top of each fender in the later years as well.  My 73 Challenger uses them on top.

My 74 also has the 3 on top of fenders like yours
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

tparker

Awesome  :bradsthumb: that helps tone. Seems a little weird to have the stud stick out like that, but it works for me.

Chryco Psycho

It helped hanging the fender in place on the assy line

tparker