Main Menu

Window fuzzies question

Started by 71GranCoupe, April 20, 2017, 11:31:04 AM

Previous topic Next topic

71GranCoupe

:soshelp: OK, I have another area with little to no knowledge on, so looking for some insight. I am still looking for parts for the 71 Gran Coupe, and have most of them, but still lacking a few and not sure what the difference is between 70 and 71 fuzzies is. I know I will be getting the TopCat ones, just unsure of the year. So it boils down to, what is the difference from 70 to 71's. My car is a early build date and it is early enough it got a 70 style trunk pan, 70 doors and probably 70 floors. It is quite possible it has the 70 style of fuzzies, just not certain at this point. I am not sure about the difference of the fuzzies and the way they attach. If anyone has some info or pictures of how both years attach will be of some help.  :thankyou:

anlauto

Look for screws holding the door ones on. If there's screws they are 71+, if there's no visible screws, they are 70 only.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

1 Wild R/T

Alan covered it, we're done here... Go have a beer...

71GranCoupe

:cheers:
Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on April 20, 2017, 11:38:29 AM
Alan covered it, we're done here... Go have a beer...
:cheers: thanks guys

erik70rt

Mmmmmmmmm.  Beeeeeeeerrrrrrrr.     :drinkingbud:
Contrary to the opinions of some, I am not dumber than I look.

69BFan

As others have mentioned about the screw vs the clip attaching points, make sure that they are both of the same style.  I have broke up several sets for customers who may have a 71 driver door and a 70 passenger side door for example.  As you already know, the Top Cat variety is the preferred brand for the most correct appearing and fitting felts.
www.restorationpartsandmaterials.com  Mopar weatherstripping is our specialty, but we offer a wide assortment of restoration products.